It’s a Wonderful Christmas Carol is a brand new bundle of seasonal songs from the UK’s foremost (or only) purveyors of concept-folk-pop, The Retrospective Soundtrack Players. Good boys and girls who preorder will be gifted the early Christmas present of 'Every Time a Bell Rings an Angel Gets its Wings'.
Preorder the album on CD, vinyl and download from Xtra Mile Recordings, on CD or vinyl from Amazon or Banquet Records, and - finally - download straight from iTunes. Phew! You're being spoiled this Christmas!
The veritable shopping list of tracks for RSP's festive third album is below, including the live choir-like favourite 'No Man Is Poor Who Has Friends'. But you can listen to the suitably cynical 'Bah Hambug' right now here:
It’s A Wonderful Christmas Carol features guest appearances from several artists from the Xtra Mile stable – namely Frank Turner, Ben Marwood and Chris T-T.
1. Theme from ‘It’s a Wonderful Christmas Carol’
2. I’m Sleeping this Christmas
3. It’s a Wonderful Life
4. Bah Humbug! Instant Grat for preordering
5. The Guardian Angel
6. The Ghost of Christmas Past (I’m a Coward) featuring Chris T-T
7. The Ghost of Christmas Present (No Ego) featuring Frank Turner
8. The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come (I Can’t Be Anybody Else) featuring Ben Marwood
9. Christmas Day
10. Every Time a Bell Rings an Angel Gets its Wings
11. No Man is Poor Who Has Friends
It’s A Wonderful Christmas Carol borrows themes of loneliness, greed, poverty and eventual redemption from the classic works of Dickens and Capra, weaving them into a new compendium of joyous and memorable songs that showcase the band’s unique voice and storytelling skill.
The band will be playing a few shows around the release:
14 Southampton @ Joiners *
21 London @ Camden Monarch **
07 Portsmouth @ Square Tower ***
12 Manchester @ Star & Garter ***
14 Swindon @ Victoria ***
18 Brighton @ The Brunswick ***
* with Solemn Sun / ** with Elliott Kozlik / *** with Chris T-T and the Hoodrats
Some words about RSP’s previous work:
‘Nihilistic and hopelessly romantic, Kyle Evans imitates Holden Caulfield perfectly...' ROCK SOUND
'Less of a band and more of an art project... thoroughly enjoyable' PUNKTASTIC
‘authentic, original and innovative gems… irresistibly catchy’ STEREOBOARD