LIVE AUDIO AND VIDEO RECORDING OR STREAMING IN HD
ACOUSTICALLY DESIGNED FOR AUDIO MIXING
RUN BY ENGINEER/DRIVER WITH 25 YEARS OF LIVE AUDIO EXPERIENCE
Xtra Mile Recordings' Outside Broadcast truck is a fully mobile live recording studio capable of capturing and streaming live stage performances at gigs and festivals on video and audio, as well as having room and equipment for acoustic sessions inside. It is now available for hire at reasonable rates bringing an affordable professional quality service to clients and opening up brand new recording and promotional possibilities.
Affectionately known as XMROB1, the ex Hi-Q broadcast truck was rescued from a field before undergoing six months of intricate, accomplished rebuilding and restoration, then fitted with carefully-chosen equipment. The work was carried out by an audio engineer with 25 years of live audio experience whose skills and expertise will be available when hiring the truck.
It has already been fully road-tested by recording every Xtra Mile Recordings artist at 2000trees Festival in July. Ten tracks from these live recordings (one from each artist) has been released as the label’s latest compilation. Entitled Xtra Mile High Club Vol. 7: Truckin', the album takes mastered recordings from the truck’s digital console and delivers a clear, true sound from the festival's live stages. In-truck sessions have also been released as the video series 'Xtra Mile Presents'. Both give evidence of the ability of the truck’s equipment and engineer. Please view the session we did with artist Will Varley from 2000trees Festival.
• 32 channel X32 digital console with live real-time mix and simultaneous 32 track recording The X32 desk can be substituted for a Digico SD8 or 9 for larger channel counts and up to 48 track recording if required by the client.
• Multitrack recording to custom-built rack mount PC running Reaper.
• Stage rack: 32 channels of transformer ISO mic splits feeding digital stage boxes, isolated from the PA.
• 75m tactical cat5 cable from stage rack to truck. This can be doubled to 150m using a Klark Teknik re-clocking box midway.
• The truck control room is acoustically designed for mixing, making it ideal for audio.
• Blackmagic Design ATEM video switcher.
• For basic live streaming three or four fixed cams are available, or for more demanding applications, an experienced Camera crew with broadcast grade cameras can be provided.
• Live streaming is via either a Teradek Vidiu encoder or from MX Light software.
• For streaming and data upload: a 4G/LTE system and ViaSat KA band satellite rig. 4G system uses high gain antenna mounted on 7m mast. Satellite system uses NewsSpotter service which allows for uncontended bandwith to be pre-booked.
• Truck can be powered from a single 32a socket, two 16a sockets or even two 13 amp sockets. The truck features a substantial uninterrupted power supply which provides power temporarily should the incoming supply fail.
• Each job is quoted in detail depending on requirements and logistics, with an affordable price including one engineer/driver, fuel, broadband and more. One engineer may be sufficient for a simple audio-only job provided there is someone onsite to assist with running cables during setup. Additional techs will be required if the job involves live streaming, video or multiple bands eg. at a festival.